Monday, November 2, 2015

                                                                          Halloween Celebration
                                                                               St. Anthony District
Hello to my loved ones!

Happy Halloweeeeenn!  I will send pictures of our costumes once the other sisters send them to me.  We wore these costumes when we met up with the rest of the Zone, and the other missionaries really got a kick out of it.  So then we watched the Cokeville Miracle. Okay, my friends, if you have not seen this movie, watch it. It's a true story, and it's fantastic.  I even saw some actors in it that I recognized from BYU! haha that's what you get when you're a Theatre major, I suppose. 

Holy cow. God is sending us so many miracles, I don't know if I can keep up with them!  Like sometimes I'm just thinking, "I don't know what He expects me to be able to do with these miracles I can't keep up gaaahhhh!!"   But I'm trying my best. I guess that's a good problem to have.

A few days ago, we got a phone call from a man in one of our wards.  He said there is this girl that works at the gas station in town that's not a member.  He had apparently told her that he was going to send the missionaries to see her that day.  So we go to the gas station, and I am fully prepared to meet a super uncomfortable worker who has to awkwardly explain that she didn't really expect the man to send missionaries.  But to my surprise, as soon as we entered the gas station, a girl about 18 was there and just said "are you looking for me? I'm Brynn." We began talking with her and discovered that she's always had LDS friends growing up and has had an interest in learning more, but her Mom was never supportive of it, so she's never really gotten the chance.  So now that she's graduated, she said that she is just "ready" to meet with missionaries.    Wat.    What the heck is with this area?!?  I have never been somewhere that has had this many people pop out of nowhere and want to meet with us. 

So yesterday, we had our first lesson with her.  We shared the message of the Restoration of the Gospel with her, and she was in tears as the members that were with us testified that she is a daughter of God and that this is true.  The spirit filled the room tangibly, and I could feel the love that God has for Brynn.  We are SO EXCITED to continue meeting with her.

Miracles happen, y'all. You just gotta open your eyes to see it! Love you!

God Bless,
Sister Moreland

No comments:

Post a Comment