Monday, November 16, 2015

                                                      HALLOWEEN COSTUMES - PERFECT!
                                                         SHELLEY AND NATE SURPRISE VISIT
                                                                              MIRANDA BAPTISM

woah woah woah what a week

Idaho State University is awesome.  There are a few differences in teaching college students in young single adult ward that I've noticed before.  One bad thing about Idaho during the winter is that it gets dark around 5:30, so by the time it's 6:00, it's pitch black, so when you knock on a door at 6:00, people are already getting ready for bed and they are really irritated that you are there so "late".  But not in college world! Everyone is up past midnight anyway, so they are cool with you coming by even when it's dark outside.  So that is a relief.  

We had a baptism this Saturday! That's always a nice way to start off the week. Miranda is an amazing young woman and I can't wait to get to know her as we begin reviewing the discussions! 

We are teaching a student from Saudi Arabia (there are a lot here) named Ali.  He is currently reading the Book of Mormon in Arabic and has some great questions about it.  We had a lesson with him this week, and we explained how the spirit can feel (feelings of love, joy, peace, etc.)  We asked him if he's ever felt like that before.  In broken English, he said, "yes," that he had felt that way when he was at church the week before.  He said "It was...a feeling in my heart..it was beautiful."  I was so excited to hear that!  What a beautiful thing the spirit of the Lord is.  It changes lives, that's for sure!

I also had a wonderful surprise on Sunday.  Right after sacrament meeting we were talking with people in the chapel when two people walked into the chapel and I had to do a double take.  When I did, I saw Shelley!  I was so surprised, but I rushed over as fast as I could to embrace her.  After some tears were shed and we hugged a few more times, she introduced me to her fiace, Nate.  It was so good to see them!  I can't thank her enough for coming all this way to see me and to introduce me to Nate.  I am so happy for them!  What a beautiful couple :)

Love you all so much, hope you have a great week!
God Bless,
Sister Moreland

No comments:

Post a Comment