Monday, February 1, 2016

                                                   Giving away homemade hot cocoa on campus


This week was transfers. The new missionaries came in on Wednesday, and that same day we went and set up a booth on ISU campus and gave away free hot chocolate (homemade of course!) to advertise for the institute! Hopefully people will attend institute classes and stuff because of it.  We go to the mission prep class occasionally if something in our plans falls through.  The teacher likes to use us as example and have us help with role plays, so that's fun. 

I just signed up for classes. Bleh.  I hope I won't be too stressed...I'm taking the max amount of credit hours that you can take for a spring/summer term---9 hours.  Hopefully it won't be too bad. I'll just have to make sure I focus on school and don't have too much fun! haha.  

So what have y'all been up to?  Anything fun or interesting this week? OH! also, yesterday I got a text message from a less active lady in my last area, St. Anthony, and she wanted to tell me that her kids are getting baptized!!! And she wants me to come <3  I am really sad though because I'm probably not gonna be permitted to go since St. Anthony is pretty far from Pocatello.  I'm really excited for them though! It will be a great experience for them.

The reality of the next 6 weeks is starting to loom over me.  The worst part of it is, though, that I'm getting excited.  I think it's just because transfers were this week, so I'm starting to realize that I only have 6 more weeks left.  I think once we get back into our normal swing of things, I'll forget about it and just go back to being completely focused.  The fact that I've been signing up for classes doesn't help though. Hahaha.  

We had a few really good lessons this week--the kind that just make my heart soar.  There is a girl that we started teaching named Reagan, and she's just crusin' on through. One of those people that is just going through the ideal "progression".  She has a member friend that she lives with and comes to church with.  We've taught her every week, she's reading the Book of Mormon and keeping commitments to pray.  We asked her about baptism, she wants to learn more.  Each week she progresses a little bit more.  Just slowly growing in her faith, she's kind of the ideal progressing investigator.  Learning a bit at a time, not wanting to rush into baptism, but definitely open to it. It's been great getting to know her. 

I love you guys so much.  You are the ones who have influenced me most in my life and I am so grateful for the love and support that I feel from you and from your prayers.  I love you so much!
God Bless,
Sister Moreland

No comments:

Post a Comment