Monday, January 5, 2015

Hello Everyone!

Well, New Years was a hit! On New Year's Eve, we all got together at the stake center and watched movies! We watched How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Megamind. And our curfew was extended by an hour, which was nice.  Then on New Year's Day, we had all the missionaries in our zone over to our house, courtesy of the Nickells. We went sledding, had hot chocolate (I made your hot cocoa, Mom, and it was a hit!) ate a potato bar dinner, snacks, played games, sled again...most of the missionaries stayed until about 9:00. It was a very fun, very relaxing holiday.

The next day, it was back to work! We had a lesson with the James's, and it's kind of weird how much their family is like mine. I feel a real commonality with them, and it just makes me desire even more for them to find happiness in this gospel. She was even saying how her ultimate goal is to be sealed as an eternal family.  You can imagine how our hearts lept with joy at hearing that. 

So I've got some new year's resolutions.  I'm going to have a better personal study in the mornings. Really get deep into my scripture reading.  Or rather studying, not just reading.  My other one is to exercise daily, because I haven't been doing very well with that.   haha.  Part of the word of wisdom is keeping your body healthy by exercising, so hopefully the fact that, in a way, it's a commandment will help get me motivated. 

Any NewYear's resolutions? I hope one would be to share the gospel more! :) So most years those resolutions get written down, put in a drawer somewhere and don't get looked at again.  What I've found out here is that when you make goals, there are a few good ways to keep them. The first is to make the goal super specific. "eating better" or "sharing the gospel" are really broad goals. A more specific example would be to "give away at least one Book of Mormon" or "invite so and so to church" or "eat at least one serving of veggies a day".  Specific goals along with constant follow-up.  We always have our leaders checking in on how we are doing with our goals, we are constantly looking back on our goals to see how we can better achieve them. That helps a lot with keeping those goals on your mind so you don't forget them.  Anyway, that's my schpeil on goals for the day. I know this church is true. Love you!

God Bless,
Sister Moreland

No comments:

Post a Comment