Monday, December 29, 2014

                                                      At the Temple with Sister Leasi
                                           Thanks for the Lion King shirt!  I love it!

Happy New Year!

Well, Christmas was joyous and wonderful, and the New Year ahead is looking bright!

This month has been so great. It's felt more like Christmas than ever before.  We've been focusing so much on "He is the Gift" and the birth of Christ this season, it's just been nothing but Christmas for us all December long! And I got my White Christmas!! :D

But it's still snowing. and cold. I think I'm ready for spring now. 

Sooo, for Christmas we had a delicious breakfast with the Bishop, I talked with my beautiful family, we delivered a few Christmas gifts, had dinner with the Osegueda family, then went to the Eppichs house, where I read "The Three Trees" to them.  It was a lovely day :) Much thanks for the gifts and the love that was sent to me this Christmas :) I love you all so much!

Please pray for Evelyn. One of the hardest things as a missionary is to see people so broken and feel like there is nothing you can do.  Some trials strike some more than others.  But that doesn't mean that some people are "better off" than others. We all have trials, and they are all for reasons, even if we can't see them yet.  At the time it might just feel like we are being punished for trying our best, but at the end of the day, the Lord will bless us more abundantly than we could ever imagine for enduring our trials well. It makes me think of the Lord's counsel to Joseph Smith when he was in Liberty Jail, "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; and then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all they foes.  Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands." -D&C 121: 7-9

We went to the temple visitor's center with Lindsay on Saturday, which was really great! There were like 3 weddings going on at the time, so it was a bit loud because there were a bunch of children there, but the spirit was still felt as we talked about eternal families and temple covenants. I love the temple!  

The Riders have decided to try and quit smoking again!!! :DD We are so excited for them to begin to progress towards baptism again. I know that through Christ, they can do all things! 

Well, the new family that just moved in, the James, came to church yesterday, and they brought the whole family!  It seems like they had a pretty good experience, which was good. There are so many amazing people that are prepared for the gospel.  It just makes me have the same wish as Alma: "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with he trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth...yeah, I would declare unto every soul...repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth."  <--solution for world peace, right there. 

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful, White Christmas! For New Years Eve, we are watching movies. Then for new years day, we are getting together as missionaries at our member's house and sledding! :D

Love you and God Bless!
Sister Moreland

No comments:

Post a Comment