Monday, October 5, 2015

                                                                                    Shaylee's Baptism
                                                                             About time for a hair trim.

Helloooo everybodayy!

What a wonderful conference weekend!  

So this past week, I've been reflecting a lot on my own personal progress as a missionary.  At times I was a bit discourage because there are times where I feel that--even with everything that I've been doing and that I have gone through in the last year--I haven't really changed all that much.  That thought is quite disturbing to me, as I've been through so much in the past year and I feel as though I've grown a lot, but there are some days where I feel as though I'm going backwards.  The strength you gain as a missionary sometimes seems to take a step forward and then take a step back.  Sometimes you feel as though you have become a patient and loving person, only to fall to impatience and anger and think "Well. Back to square one."  Well this feeling got extremely frustrating this week, and so I was pondering a lot on what I needed to do to be the person that Christ wants and needs to be.  For General Conference, however, I had a question in mind that was more specific towards some of the people we are teaching, how we can help them, etc.  Although this question was met with some pointers and inspiration in Conference that could help my investigators, the overall message that I got from Conference was an answer to what had been bothering me for weeks.  I look forward to studying my notes from Conference all week this week and continuing to get new inspiration every day.  

I went through watching Conference thinking "Oh. This is my favorite talk."  but then as conference continued, I would think "Oh wait no, this talk is my favorite." Haha, too many good talks this year.  The first that really stood out to me was Larry R. Lawrence's on sacrificing and praying about what we can do to be stronger disciples of Christ.  We had just talked about sacrifice in our Zone Training the day before, so I thought it quite appropriate. I also saw a recurring theme on parenthood and raising children in righteousness.  Very uplifting, overall. 

Thank you for all of your love and support.  I love you all so much!

Sister Moreland



No comments:

Post a Comment