Monday, June 29, 2015

                                                                  Goodbye to an old companion...
                                                                               ...hello to a new one!

Hola

Short P-day today! So I'll keep this short, because we only have 3 hours for our pday today. Why? because this Saturday is 4th of July, which means...
All Day P-day!  
Pretty cool, especially because apparently it was not an all-day pday last year.  But it's a good thing because everyone and their mother has asked us to participate somehow in the 4th of July celebrations.  We've been asked to help with the breakfast, to hold a banner in the parade, help with a kid's craft booth, and some other stuff, too. So we will have a fun, busy day! I'm excited.

My new companion is Sister Stephens! She is from Hawaii (the big Island) but her family moved around a lot when she was young so she's lived in a lot of places in the United States.  But she's part Hawaiian and has lived there the longest, since she was 12, so she claims it. When President Brinkerhoff told me that she was enthusiastic and outgoing, it was an understatement.  Sister Stephens is energetic, bubbly, and so full of life! I've got a great feeling about this companionship, and together I think the Lord will help us do great things here.  

It seemed like we talked a lot about the temple this week. We had a lesson with these recent converts who are sisters.  They are such sweet girls and the oldest one has done baptisms for the dead a couple of times so she was able to share some of her experiences doing that.  It was a great lesson because their mom is less active but she really opened up about her desire to one day go to the temple. Then we took our progressing investigator, Tracy, and her family to the temple visitor's center! That is always a great experience, I love the visitor's center! Then we talked to a woman yesterday who is less active about going back to the temple again.  Her daughter has been to baptisms for the dead and we discussed how they could prepare to go do that together! The mother has a desire, just isn't sure if she's ready yet.  But I have faith that her Heavenly Father loves her so much, and we were able to discuss that being worthy to enter into the temple doesn't mean that you have to be perfect.  Then, on Sunday, our lesson in Relief Society was on the temple!  SO I saw quite the reoccurring theme this week. I am so excited for all of these people to be able to go to/prepare to enter into the temple.  I love the temple so much and I know that its blessings are real.  Being sealed to my own family was one of the most wonderful experiences that I have ever had. 

Oh, and President Brinkerhoff leaves today and President Hancock is arriving! :D
I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week and a great 4th of July! God Bless America!

God Bless,
Sister Moreland

No comments:

Post a Comment