Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Hello my loves!

I know that what I am doing out here is everything that God wants for me, and I love this work.  Coming on a mission was the best decision I ever could have made.  I thank God every day for giving me such a strong impression that I needed to be here.  If he hadn't have, I don't know that I would have had the courage to serve.  I know that Christ lives.  I know with everything I have that God's plan for us is to follow his Son, Jesus Christ, and be purified through Him so that we can live with God as eternal families.  I wish that everyone knew this so that they could have the true, deep happiness that I do.  That is why I am here. To share it.  I love Christ, I love his Gospel, and I love all of you! 

We are teaching Preston and Rob, still, but they are working a lot so it's been hard to get an appointment.  We showed up on Monday, which is our usual time for a lesson.  They had forgotten about it, so Rob was there, but his son, Preston was not.  We were just going to reschedule and then leave, but to our surprise, Rob said, "Hey, don't you want to read me a scripture or something? Here, sit down!" So even though we couldn't go inside his house (because we didn't have another woman with us) he pulled up some lawn chairs and we sat outside and read a bit out of the Book of Mormon with him.  It was so neat to see him excited about reading scriptures--wanting us to talk with him.  And he wants to get his patriarchal blessing, too! It's wonderful to see the spirit fill someone's life as they come back to God. 
  
"Cancel, cancel, cancel."  That's what Sister Leasi used to say about Inkom. And she wasn't kidding. We had an appointment for almost every hour in the evening this week, and all but one of them cancelled.  But I think it is a blessing in disguise---because we have been praying to find new people to teach! How else could we find new people if appointments with people we are already teaching are taking up all of our time?  In an odd sort of way, Heavenly Father is answering our prayers.  So that we can go out and find!


We had exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders this week. Sister Leon went to their area and Sister Towers came with me in Inkom. It was a bit hard leading out the area after only being here for 3 weeks, but I was surprised how well I actually knew where everything was. Sister Towers is from Australia, and it was fun to be with her.  And try in vain to do her accent.  She says my "Australian" accent is a weird mix between British and New Zealand (I guess it's from trying so hard to do Elder Te'okotae's accent in Blackfoot!)  I learned a lot from that exchange; about inviting people to be baptized, talking to everybody, and not being dismissed so easily by those who don't feel like talking to us.  In other words, just being bolder.  So I'm going to try it out!

Hope all of you are having great experiences and that every trial that you have stretches you and challenges you but always helps you get closer to Christ in the end.  

God Bless,
Sister Moreland

No comments:

Post a Comment