Monday, May 18, 2015








P-Day hike with the elders in the district


















Hello to my faaavorite people!

Whew, what a week! 
After a fun hike, last P-day, we prepared to proselyte again! We met a woman while we were out named Gena.  She was methodist, and told us that her son had been baptized LDS a year or two before at age 18, but that he was now no longer going.  She was very nice and told us that we could come back.  Yay!

The next day, we were driving down the street, and I noticed that there were a lot of people out on the street, so we decided to park the car and walk.  The first people we came across were a couple young men trimming a lilac tree.  We asked if they wanted help, and they said sure! Come to find out all three of them were active members, which I kinda figured, as one of them greeted us as "sisters!" This one happened to be our landlady's grandson, as well.  Well, we didn't want to walk all the way back to our car to get our service clothes and then have to find a place to change, so we just started helping them trim the tree in our skirts! After a few minutes, I thought "man this is sort of silly, we're not even really helping much, I'm in a skirt, people are probably driving by wondering what in the world we're doing, this is kind of a waste of time..."  But then, a car pulled up and it was another young man, one of their friends.  We met this new friend, whose name was Hunter, and he told us that he was baptized a few years ago at age 18, but didn't really go to church anymore.  Something clicked in my brain and I realized that we had just met his mom, Gena, the day before! Coincidence? I think not! We talked to him for a bit and invited him to a fireside that Sunday.  Hopefully we will be able to start meeting with him and his family soon!

Thursday was the BLITZ! We had been preparing for this event for weeks.  Basically, 10 missionaries came to our area and split up and teamed up with members from our 4 wards.  We all took 2 hours and went out in Inkom making visits to a bunch of new people.  It was very successful and we got a lot of new people that we need to go see because of it! We're really excited about the blessings and miracles that were seen from this 'blitz', and we thought it was a pretty neat idea.  

Yesterday we had a missionary fireside on "Faith", and me and another Sister in our district, Sister Aliasa who is from Hawaii, sang "Keepers of His Light".  To make a long story short, there had been some miscommunication between us and our pianist, Elder Gross. When I went up to Elder Gross in the chapel at 6:45 and apologized for being late to our practice, he replied, "What practice?"  I'm sure I went sheet white. He never got the sheet music.  So I went flying upstairs at 6:55 to print out sheet music for this fireside that started at 7:00.  I got it printed, but when I came down, the fireside had already started.  I sat down and signaled to Elder Gross that I got the sheet music, which he had never seen before.  He went sheet-white, too.  Well, when it was our turn to sing, we went up to the stand, handed the sheet music to Elder Gross, who looked at and said "Oh, yeah, I can do this"  and we performed with a pianist who had never played the song before, and we had never practiced it with him.  He sounded perfect. And I think Sister Aliasa and I sounded pretty good, too.  Although he was red in the face from nerves by the end of the song, Elder Gross played the song as though he had practiced all week.  What brilliance.   Thank God for blessing Elder Gross with that sort of talent to be able to play on the spot like that.  Without a doubt, the most stressful evening of the week!

God is here. No doubt about that.  We just have to reach out and seek Him, for He is always reaching out to us!
Love you all!

God Bless,
Sister Moreland

No comments:

Post a Comment