Monday, October 13, 2014


My Dearest Loved Ones,
Oh, my gosh, this week has been CrAzY! I feel like so much has happened in the past week it feels like it's been 3 weeks or something.  Okay. Here it goes.
I think the highlight of the week was a new family that just moved in the area.  They aren't members but the ward has been so friendly and warm and welcoming it's AWESOME. They came to the ward harvest party and afterward we and the bishop took them on a CHURCH TOUR. Big deal, y'all, that's a big deal.  So we showed them all the different rooms of the church and explained what we do in sacrament meeting and why the sacrament is important.  In the primary room, we explained the primary's theme (families can be forever) and they had lots of questions about that and seem pretty interested.  They wanted to come to church yesterday, but they didn't have any church clothes, so they went to Idaho Falls to buy some (wow, they really want to come) and they are coming to church next Sunday!

The best part of that whole thing was that the members were SO EXCITED about this new family! We came over to bring them an invitation to the harvest party, and they had already gotten 2 of them from other ward members.  I wish that members could get this enthusiastic about EVERY missionary opportunity!  There are SO MANY people around you every day that need the gospel.  It is the most important thing, and the best way you can show love for your friends.

 Let me repeat that--

Sharing the gospel is the most important thing that you could ever share with your friends.
Ask the missionaries for help! Ask them for ideas--ways that you can share this great message.
Anyway, enough of my lecture on member-missionary work.

So apparently I'm a terrible driver.  I mean, I've always known I'm not the best driver, but I didn't think I was that bad.  But these country roads, man, they aren't easy to drive around on.  The speed limit is constantly changing (from 50 to 25 to 40 to 55 to 30...) and the stop signs sneak up on you like crazy.  So I've given Sister Worrall a bit of whiplash from stopping so abruptly.  And she says I'm a terrible driver.  Well, fine then.

YES, I heard about Ebola.  Oh, my gosh, that is so scary.  Usually when I tell people I'm from Dallas, they say something like "How bout them Cowboys?"  But this week when I tell people I'm from Dallas, they have said "How bout that Ebola?"  Not comforting....Don't shake hands with Bishop for a while.  Wash your hands.  Carry hand sanitizer.  Please don't get sick.  I love you.
 
We went to the temple on Friday!!!  Y'all.  The temple. The temple is the best place to just let the world go and focus on what is important.  The eternal perspective I get from going to the temple is unmatched by anything else.  After going to the temple, I feel renewed and ready to go! Then we went and ate Indian food (a first for me!). 
I learned a lesson about obedience this week.  When we left to go email last Monday, I couldn't find my planner anywhere.  And the planner is LIFE.  It has our schedule, our appointments, our contacts and numbers, everything. I couldn't find that thing anywhere.  When we got back from emailing, I searched every inch of our bedroom and bathroom for my planner.  I prayed for help to find it, knowing how important my planner was to the work.  Then, I saw Sister Worrall cleaning the bathroom, and I realized that I had forgotten to do my weekly p-day chores that the Mission President asks us to do on Monday. Then I thought "Oh, I'll do them after I find my planner," and proceeded to re-look for my planner.  Then, these words came to me--  "Do your chores, and you will find it." I didn't see how that would do anything, but I figured I would be obedient and do my chores.  In the first 2 minutes of vacuuming our room, I found my planner stuck between my bed and my desk.  There was one little angle at which you could see it, and I wouldn't have seen it unless I had vacuumed.  I immediately knelt down and said a prayer of gratitude, thanking Heavenly Father for the inspiration.  I also promised to be more obedient in the future! Every little thing about the missionary schedule is put in place so that we can be productive servants of the Lord and serve at full capacity. 
I love you all.  Stay strong in the storm.  And tell me what's going on with you! I love to hear from you :)
God Bless,
Sister Moreland

No comments:

Post a Comment