Monday, March 9, 2015

Helloo!!

So, I haven't been keeping up with my journal writing at all. Which is making it really hard to do emails because I can't really remember what all we did this week...but I'll try my best.

We've been focusing a lot on Natayla, our baptismal date.  In order to preserve privacy, I usually change the spelling or change slightly the names of people...and by now I'm pretty sure I've used like 3 different names for Natayla so now I can't keep track haha.  But she is doing really well; reading the scriptures that we assign her, having family prayer....her grandparents, whom she lives with, are progressing right along with her.  We went over to their house on my birthday and they made us dinner.  They made this sweet chili which was delicious, and Natayla made me a birthday cheesecake! :D They are so sweet.  Then we had a lesson on the word of wisdom. Her Grandpa, who is a less active member, really had some concerns about the word of wisdom, but hopefully his struggles won't affect Natayla's commitment to follow the prophet's counsel.  Her grandma is quite an example of the fact that we really shouldn't judge who will and will not accept the gospel. At first she seemed as though she would never accept any kind of religion into her life.  But she now goes to church more than Natayla and Dan.  And although she is blunt and sarcastic about many things we teach, she follows right along with us, highlighting scriptures as she goes.  We are all seeing a really incredible change in her, even her family is surprised.  The baptismal date is for March 28th, and we can't wait! 

Now that Joe is baptized, we've been making arrangements to set up new member lessons with other families in the ward.  Hopefully that will be a success! 

uhhhh, man, that is really all I can think of.  Not a whole lot of exciting or unusual things happened this week.  I received a couple packages this week for my birthday. Thank you to all who wished me a happy birthday and who sent me things! You guys are so sweet and make me feel so loved! I hope you are all always praying for opportunities to share the gospel in your own lives. As Preach My Gospel says, "You are surrounded by people.  You pass them on the street, visit them in their homes, and travel among them. All of them are children of God, your brothers and sisters.  God loves them just as He loves you. Many of these people are searching for purpose..."  We all have so many opportunities to help others feel the spirit of God.  I hope you will search for an act upon opportunities to do so. 
 
Oh! and I forgot something. We had zone conference this week! That was fun. And very inspiring. We have some amazing missionaries in our mission, and some of them gave really good talks.  

Love you all so much!
God Bless,
Sister Moreland

No comments:

Post a Comment