Monday, September 21, 2015


Well, guess who's getting transferred?

We get transfer calls on Thursday, and usually if you are getting transferred, they called you around noon or 1:00, maybe 2:00 at the very latest.  So we were doing weekly planning this Thursday, and it was Noon, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, we went out and started seeing people 4:00...still no call.  So we are like "Cool! We're both staying here another transfer!"  At 4:45, we get a call from the APs.  They informed us that Sister Stephens is staying and that Sister Fa'oa, from Tonga, will be accompanying her.  I will be transferring to St. Anthony! That's Sister Stephens' first area! That's the 2nd time that I've gotten transferred to my companion's first area.  I was surprised, and honestly a bit disappointed.  I had really hoped to stay here one more transfer.  Oh well.  God needs me where He needs me.  But it's gonna be cold as heck in St. Anthony.  My new companion will be Sister Richins.  Her name is familiar, but I've met her, and I don't know anything about her.  I didn't even think to ask the AP's anything about her because I was just so stunned that I was even getting transferred.

Whew, boy transfers are crazy.  I was talking yesterday with some men from the ward and they were talking about how, back in their day, they would call you the night before to tell you if you were getting transferred.  I'm just glad they give us 6 days to pack up and get prepared! But it still doesn't feel like enough.  There are too many people to say goodbye to!  Also, my new companion Sister Richins has only been in St. Anthony for 2 weeks, so both of us are going to be pretty new to the area.  So we are pretty much whitewashing (both new to the area having to figure things out.)  So that makes me a little nervous, but I'm sure we'll be okay.  

Bleh. I hate packing.  I have finally admitted it.  I am a hoarder.  I can't get myself to get rid of anything.  Mom, Dad, you'll be finding a package in the mail soon that is full of junk that I couldn't bring myself to get rid of but that wouldn't fit in my suitcase.  Thanks.

Can't wait to see what new adventures this transfer brings!! Besides frozen toes and frostbite. Love y'all!

Love,
Sister Moreland


goodbye to the Lopez Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment