Monday, September 22, 2014

 Met up with Elder Goodsall, one of her fellow actors from the theatre program at BYU (notice the appropriate arm's length missionary handshake.)
                                                          This is where we're going!
                                     Watch out for missionaries lurking in random cornfields

My dearest loved ones,

Blackfoot is beautiful.  The leaves are starting to change and the weather is perfect--sunny and cool. The people here are awesome.  Members are really supportive (not to mention they feed us every night) and the investigators are excited about the gospel. The only hard thing is that there are a lot of inactives here who really want nothing to do with the church.  The funny thing that Sister Worrall and I get a lot is whenever we knock on a door and the person isn't interested at all, we always ask them if they know anyone that we could visit.  And they always point to other houses and say "That person is mormon, there's a mormon family there..."  Hmm, not exactly what we meant, but okay.

  It's getting a little more difficult to stay  motivated every day now that I'm not as fresh out of the MTC.  At the MTC, we practice teaching so much and watched the teachers role-play teach a lot (and the MTC teachers are AMAZING at giving the discussions).  But here, it's a whole lot of driving, knocking, planning, talking...not as much teaching as I did at the MTC.  I worry about getting rusty sometimes.  But we continue to study and pray to keep the doctrine and the spirit with us. "Then, if you desire, you shall have my spirit and my word, yea the power of God unto the convincing of men."  I don't remember what verse that is at the moment. But we recite it every morning before companion study.  I like it a lot.  Also, I'm trying to re-memorize The Living Christ.  I love The Living Christ.  I have a little laminated copy in my scriptures, and I try to read it as much as I can.  The knowledge of God's love through Christ's Atonement keeps me going. 
 
Also there is a movie coming out in a week or two called "Meet the Mormons".  Look it up. Invite everyone you know.  Tell everyone about it. Everyone.  It will be awesome.  

 The amazing thing is the variety of people here.  There are all different types of people from all different places, from all walks of life, but they all need the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Every one.  They have different ways of getting there, but it will bless every one of them, no matter how different they are.  Be member missionaries.  Spread this gospel in whatever way you can.  I love you all. 

God Bless,
Sister Moreland  

No comments:

Post a Comment